Monday, February 11, 2008

My kids are behind me saying this looks like me, but it doesn't at the same time. *snort* What do they know anyhow! My life started before theirs did. My tastes have evolved. They don't remember my high school grad date or the hair or the dress - that is one of many proofs my tastes have changed. Who here is saying - thank heavens! me too! I'm not the same person I was before I had kids. Parts of me are the same, but I've grown. My mind is not so closed or shallow as it was before. Life is dynamic, not static and so am I!

I really like the new Bazzill paper line called Destinations. The colours are a little edgy and I don't know what Bazzill has done to the paper, but the texture looks deeper than their regular textured paper. The "Berlin" paper looks black with a very dark green transparent finish on it - very interesting! The pinks and purples in this line have a masculine feel to them. Really, you have got to go out and find some of this paper! Seriously!! At first when each of my light and dark variety packs arrived I thought, "Oh gack! What are they thinking?!!!" But since I've been using it, the colours are becoming more appealing and I'm finding I reach for them more than any others. These colours matched the alcohol inks I used for the main image so well. They aren't what I would choose on a normal day, but I liked how the alcohol inks looked together.

I used alcohol inks on the backside of the acetate. The drops of ink didn't touch until I sprayed the backside with rubbing alcohol at which point the inks free roamed. This helps the ink to not get too muddy in the process. I originally had a very different design on the front. The card was all put together and I hated it. Trust me! It looked BAD!! I love the paper though, so it occured to me that alcohol ink blending solution dissolves Stazon ink. I cut out a dress thismorning so I had some fabric scraps handy. I cleaned the acetate (the card was completely assembled by this point) and was already much happier with it. It's hard to use a stamp-a-ma-jig over top of brads, but I have a lot of experience that way (oh gosh!!! will I ever do things the easy way?!) so I used a set that is quickly becoming a favourite, Infinite goodness. I love the sentiment. The font, the words, the spacing - perfection!

Some days, it's just so good for the mom to take on an alternate personality...

stamps; Infinite Goodness (Stampin' Up!)
paper; Geneva, Mexico City, Oslo, Rio de Janero (Destinations by Bazzill), Green Tea (Paper Accents)
ink; alcohol inks (Ranger), Jet Black Stazon (Tsukineko)
accessories; acetate, ribbon slot punch (Making Memories), Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Small screw brads (Karen Foster), Fresh Grass Dew Drops (Ellen Hutson)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...