Thursday, January 3, 2008


Well, I feel like I'm on a roll! WHEW!! I thought the mojo was permanently, irrevokably squashed. I thought I was broken. Listing my basement contents on ebay broken...

I missed my last magazine deadline (combined with a few just-keep-breathing life things...*sigh*) and that sent me into a real spiral. I'm not prone to spirals, in fact I'm pretty even keeled if that tells you have nasty the last few months have been. Anyhoo - you aren't here for the sob story so...

Judging from the cards, can you guess the up-coming theme for the magazine? Turquoise - it's all about turquoise baby!!! I have one more card in my head I want to get out, and then I'll take a group shot before these babies get sent away.

This card was done on Bazzill Tropical breeze and pistachio. The red paper is really sparkly and is from Paper Accents - pearlized red...very pretty for those of us in the crowd who are crows! And black and white. I used MFT's Boho Blossoms for the design on the white paper and for the heart - I just love that thing!!! My SU! craft spots are drying out *sigh* so the heart isn't as deep a red as I wanted, but it sure is sparkly! I embossed with irridescent ice and attached a cutie-patootie gem from Queen & Co. The heart layers are all hand cut since I couldn't find the right heart on my cricut to do the job. The charm is from sealed with a kiss outlined with my sakura stardust gelly pens. The heart brads are Q&Co. too, the sentiment is SU! Eastern Elegance rub-ons and the ribbon is SU! Real Red 5/8" grosgrain.


This is my husband's favourite. I used yesterday's sketch challenge (SC157) from over at SCS. This one turned out more "pretty" than I had intended which, I guess, is a good thing.

stamps: Boho Blossoms (MFT), Beautiful Thing (SU!)
ink: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Cool Caribbean, Taken with Teal (SU!)
paper: Birdie (Crate), Tropical Breezes, Limeade, Coconut Smoothie (Bazzill), Vellum Cardstock (Paper Accents)
accessories: stickles, imaginice glass slipper brad, harware (We R Memory Keepers), ribbon (American Craft Elements), detail silver ep (Ranger), small corner rounder, paper piercer, key tag punch (SU!)

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Sweet cards Loretta, LOVE the colors and gorgeous detail, Jennifer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...