Monday, January 28, 2008



Mondays are Technique Challenge days on SCS. Today is the Dahlia folding technique. Very cool!!!

I did mine a little different. I used a 1 3/8" circle punch as recommended, but then I used the Martha Stewart 1" scallop punch and did much smaller petals. I tried fitting all 8 on the larger, but it took away from the drama already present in the large flower. Instead, I added 4 of the petals, and I set the other 4 aside. I stamped the large flourish from Baroque Motif and addded the left-over petals but by this point I lost one of the petals *sigh*. I still have no idea where it is. It can't have gotten far - it has no legs! My stamping space isn't large and it was almost clean. Beats me!

I used my stardust glitter pen quite liberally. If I get a new camera for my birthday, I'll be able to show shine much better, I think. In the mean time rather than lamenting that, "it's so shiny IRL blah blah," I'm considering it a private, lovely thing between the recipient and myself.

Here's the link for the Dahlia fold. I highly recommend it!

stamps; Baroque Motifs (Stampin' Up!)

ink; old olive (Stampin' Up!)

paper; bazzill brown, french silk (Bazzill), Fruitcake (Basic Grey)

accessories; antique copper brads (large and small) (Making Memories), 1" scallop circle punch (Martha Stewart), 3" scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida), chocolate chip satin ribbon (Stampin Up!), Stardust gelly roll pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Very pretty Loretta! I need to try this technique!

~Lynda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...