Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I missed Virtual Stamp night over on SCS this past weekend. It wasn't even on my radar! Ususally, I'm all over it even if I can't take part in the fun and frivolity. D'Oh!!! I checked out the challenges anyway, and they were fabulous! Huge KUDOS to those ladies who organized and pulled it all off!!!! I think this may have been one of the best VSN's EVER and I missed it! *sniff*

This is inspired by the little black dress challenge. Main image on black. Well, I figured I'm goin' whole hog and I'll do the whole thing on black!!! I stamped the background with white craft ink and then went berzerk with stickles. I really love the look - all chalky without the dust and sparkly. YUMMY!

The flowers are done the same way, and coloured with prismacolors. I went back over the white ink with my white gel pen to "pop" the image after it was coloured. This is as far as I could get in the time limit of 45 minutes. I think I'll go back and put a lot more flowers on it to fill it up a bunch - then I'll be happy with it.

stamps: Jolies Fleurs (Lizzie Ann), Warm Words (Stampin' Up!)
paper: basic black, whisper white (Stampin' Up!)
ink: Whisper White craft (Stampin' Up!)
accessories: Word Window Punch, Rhinestone brad (Stampin' Up!), Diamond Stickles (Ranger), White Strpie Ribbon (Bazzill)

Anyone who knows me well, knows I profess to be allergic to black. I know it's a hugely popular colour. I know it's classic. I know everything everyone else knows about black. I know. I'm not going to go into my sad little sob story about why I don't like black here. I just don't like black. I will opt for very dark brown every time. I'm going to try the black card I did on very dark brown and see what happens. There's potential there, I'm sure of it!
I did this card after the black one - a psychological purge? Maybe. I was thinking chocolate though - the chocolate challenge for VSN. That one was to include shoes and pink. Not pink shoes, although that wouldn't be out of the question! This card took all of 10 minutes. Seriously! I took more than 10 minutes trying to figure out how to doll it up more with half pearls, rhinetones, tiny organza roses in either ivory or pink... Nothing worked. Anything else I tried to put on took away from the lovely elegance of the simple brown palette. This is simply a fave!
stamps: Carte Postale (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Perlescent Chocolate (Brilliance by Tsukineko)
Paper: French Silk (Bazzill), Luxury Pad (DCWV)
Accessories: Chocolate Satin Ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Very pretty Loretta, LOVE the beautiful layout and colors. Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

The detail to this is amazing! Wow! I would love to add you to my blogroll. Please let me know!

The Crafty Goddess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...