Wednesday, January 9, 2008


Days are so short here and while the sun is up, it is so low on the horizon that the daylight is really funky for photographs all day. No matter what I do I'm having trouble getting good pictures... *sigh*

I meant to do this for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge that Cindy Haffner posted over on SCS, but, well, this isn't it. It's the old addage, "measure twice, cut once." Well, I didn't measure at all. I had this image I wanted to use. It was stamped and sitting to the side. I cut all the elements for the card layout from the couple of pieces of new bazzill destinations cardstock pack I have - absolutely BEAUTIFUL cardstock BTW! - and had those all ready to go. Then I most happily started to colour the main image with Pebbles Ikandee chalks. {insert happy dance} I love the shimmer they have, and the colours are AMAZING! Then, I put all the layers together and GACK!!! The image was too big for the layout. WAY too big! What was I thinking?!!!! Well, I was thinking... hooray for me I got a set for cheap on auction that is so stinkin' cute and I'm going to colour it with my favourite chalks and I like Cindy's sketch... and there wasn't a sane, reasonable thought in the bunch inside of my little pink cloud of happiness.

And so I faced up to the reality that first, my pink cloud of happiness was, in fact, purple just like the card. And the main image only fit sideways. And all the other elements I had for the layout had to go. But, I still had the cutie flower pot which I could still use, and some simple adjusting, and VOILA! A birthday card for my friend.

paper; bazzill destinations Rome, Helsinki, Anchorage, Cosmo Cricket Pixie Dust, Vellum finish artist paper (100lb)

ink; SU! Basic Gray

stamps; Friendships Grow

accessories; Karen Foster screw brads, Pebbles IKandee chalks, Ice Stickles, SU! always artichoke grosgrain ribbon, American Craft Elelments Ivory grosgrain ribbon, EK Success corner rounder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...