Monday, December 17, 2007

It always amazes me what cracked glass does to the image underneath! This image was much darker when I started out and there was no green hue in the paper, but the UTEE changed it all. I still like it - I like how it softened the image. I stamped the main image in very vanilla craft with the flower from True Friend - I'm so glad this set made it into the new catty!!!! Then I pounded Pebbles chalk into the ink - okay, it felt like pounding, but it might have looked more like dabbing. Pebbles are very vivid chalks and I like them very, very much! I really like the effect of the vanilla ink under the chalk as it helps to soften the image.

I rounded the corners and inked that baby with versamark then layers of UTEE, popped it in the freezer and voila! - cracked glass. I rubbed my walnut stain ink pad directly on the image because I like loads of ink in the cracks and I'm just never happy with just sponging the colour on.

I used Cosmo Cricket's Gretel paper for this card. It matches the feel of True Friend perfectly. Then I inked the sentiment in tea dye distress ink and inked half in vintage photo and then rock 'n rolled the bottom in walnut stain - I LOVE that effect!

This card is from my alter ego - Artsy Fartsy. I need to post her Christmas Card - holy shamolies!!!! I think I need to set her loose a little more often because she is much more fun than I am *snort*!!!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is a neat effect....I love this set...need to ink it up more often...thanks for the great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...