Thursday, December 20, 2007



I'm a bad mom. *sigh* The Christmas Pageant took over my life for awhile. There were so many costumes to do because the ones we've had for years were ruined accidently and I'm a seamstress so... There were other ladies who stepped up and did their part too, I really don't want to negate their contribution. There was a lot of set construction and decorating to do. We built and painted a life size donkey (a runt-sized one :)) and a magnificent lion head. The heads were carved in foam by someone, we papier mached them. The papier mache took hours and hours.

Our homeschooling didn't stop in the midst of all the play hoohaahaa. Or the music practices, lessons, rehearsals, blah blah blah... I started to go quite snakey. I still have Christmas presents to make (clothing items - yes, I do know Christmas is next week; 5 days in fact... *sigh*) I still have 2 scrapbook pages to do for my inlaws calendar of my kids and it has to be done for Sunday. WHATEVER!!!!

I'm a bad mom. I left my kids to fend for themselves yesterday with their school work and everything so I could finish all bazillion token gifts and then I just sat and played with my stamps for the day.

This card is one of the results of my sanity time. The new hostess set Time Well Spent is really becoming a fave for me. I love Doodle This, and this new one is along the same lines. I coloured the blossoms with my copics and set them in the centre of cuttlebugged circles. I used my new Celebrate Everything (LOVE, love, love this new set too) for the sentiment. I stamped it in white craft ink, then heat embossed with white ep to make it nice and crisp. I still have Christmas cards to deal with, but this lovely springy looking card was just what I needed.

Okay, maybe I'm not a BAD mom, just over worked...

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Good moms take some sanity time for themselves so they can be better moms---

You ARE a good mom and that is a ROCKIN card!

Happy holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...