Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I love the new acrylic Christmas stamps from Basic Grey - well, maybe not the stupid stag, but at lease we are speaking agin :). This is one of the snowflakes from the North Pole set. It is stunning!!! All the snowflakes from the 3 sets (Winterland, North pole and Santa Baby) are fabulous. And the flourishes and the post mark - oh gosh!!!! Hug and kiss 'em before bed every night! Anyhoo...

I stamped En Francais directly on the dp (Dasher Bunny Hill and Figgy Pudding Shiver) in tea dye distress ink. Then I stamped the large snowflake over top. I got the shadowed circle around the centre of the snowflake by sponging lightly with a dauber in two colours of ink (old olive and river rock or sage shadow and soft sky), shading them. Then I rock 'n rolled the smallest image from Simple Delight staped it white cardstock and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch. I sponged around the edge to soften the contrast and attacked it to the main image with a rhinestone brad. I shabby chiqued the edges by sponging with more distress inks.

Card that are only supposed to take 15 minutes, tops and these babies took 5 days - GACK!!! Life shifts out of hyper speed soon, right?!!!

5 comments:

Jackie W. said...

Oh my goodness! These are so awesome! I saw them on SCS last night on the famous thread about the new catty! (What a messy desk - LOL!) But everyone loved the card on there. Thanks so much for sharing! LOVE THEM!

Donelda said...

Oh, I love these so much!! They are so simple and yet so lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing them!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Very pretty Loretta, LOVE the NEW BG stamps and the Figgy paper. Great set, fun design, Jennifer :)

Lynda said...

These are great! I'm glad you and the Basic Grey stamps are speaking again because I think the stag card was EXCELLENT!!!

~Lynda

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE this! Man, how did I miss the Basic Grey stamps when I was hoarding all the papers?!?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...