Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I love this card!!! It is so bright and cheerful. It is unisex and ageless. And it is proof I have finally made friends with my cricut. I've had my cricut since March. I went to Walmart with cash in hand from a sewing commission I did for the sole purpose of this substantial purchase, and a couple of additional cartridges (my sewing skills don't come cheap!). I came home shaking from the $$$ on the bill. And, like every other large purchase I have made, it sat there until I got my head wrapped around what I had done. Fortunately it didn't take as long as it did with my serger - that baby sat in the box just inside the front door for more than a month before it had a decent welcome...

Almost a week after I laid down that hard earned cash, I pulled my cricut out of the box. I did a little cutting with it to get warmed up, then tried changing the cartridge. When I turned the thing back on it had a meltdown. I did everything I know to do, and then took it back for an exchange. The new machine didn't stay in the box long. I really didn't want anything to be wrong and run out of warranty - KWIM?

The new machine was fine. And then it sat there gathering dust. Sad, eh? I just struggled with what the heck to do with the thing! And how to stick on those dinky little pieces... Enter epiphany!!! My Xyron will save the day. I admit, some days, weeks and occasionally, months, I'm a little slow on the uptake. So why don't they merchandise Cricuts right next to the Xyrons? It would be brilliant!

I did a calendar camp in September and faithfully stamped everything for my sample because I'm a Stampin' Up! demo. My calendar was pure SU! Then a brilliant soul asked if they could borrow my cricut to cut out all the months. Of course you can. I didn't tell her - That's what I did for the calendar safely stashed at home that will be a gift next month. And my friend Xyron turned every little letter into a sticker!

So this card is going to be submitted to Stamper's Sampler for their celebration issue. I'm please with how far I've come with my cricut. I think of it more now as one of my first options rather than as a last resort. This is me congratulating me. I don't know if this card will be accepted or not for that issue. I think it's cute and that's that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...