Thursday, September 13, 2007


Today is Hannah's 11th birthday! She's so happy - she gets to babysit her siblings! (Okay, maybe I'm the happy one...) She's child number 2 so she's happy to have a chance to show she's growing up.


She's a beautiful red head, with typical sensitive red head skin, so she can only wear gold ear rings (yup! pick me up off the floor with that expense!). But, she's go-jus! So I like making sure she feels good about her appearance. This isn't always easy. She's been taller than me for a few months now. Her feet went from size 8 to a 10 in 2 months. I don't remember her feet being size 9. Now I admit that time period was a bit of a blur. Maybe it wasn't evident because it was warm and we were barefoot a lot.

She likes long length shorts because shorter shorts make her legs look like they are a mile long. She loves her hair (Like her layers? I gave her the haircut!). She loves wearing high heeled boots *there was one pair she tried on with 4" heels and she walks in them like she's been doing it forever*. She smashed out her front tooth while looking after some little kids almost 2 years ago, and she's still self conscious about her smile, even though we have a terrific dentist!

She is so beautiful! Her spirit is stunning. I know she has a few learning issues, but we are working through it and we're getting to a point that you wouldn't know if you just met her. Her coping mechanisms are nicely in place. She is kind, empathetic, becoming a responsible young person.

I LOVE THIS CHILD OF MINE!!!





3 comments:

Kirst said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Hugs,
Jennifer :)

Mom22RedHeads said...

I know this is an older post, but I just found your blog and love it. I had to comment because I have 2 red heads too, both girls and one is a Rachel. Your family is beautiful and I'm glad you savor God's blessings. Much health and happiness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...