Tuesday, June 19, 2007





Some friends had ordered stickles and my regular supplier just wasn't coming through for me. I know it isn't their fault, Ranger is a popular line and it can sometimes be dicey getting product. I found a local source and the prices were in line with what I was paying + shipping. I went and got the stickles. But it's what I found that is making me smile! Embossing pearls in soft gold and interference violet! Puffy embossing powder ( I have to get me a sheep stamp - man oh man!!). Gosh! I can hardly wait for 100% gratuitous embossing time! I used the soft gold on the barely banana flower here and got that lovely, yellow pearly effect. I used it on the creamy caramel also, and it went more of an antique gold. WOWZERS!!! I keep having visions of the Baroque Motifs flourish done on a background using the interference violet! Housework is going to have to wait!!!




Today is Colour Challenge day with Emily on SCS. The colours today are Barely Banana, Creamy Caramel and Real Red. I like Real Red. I'd like it more if it belonged in a different family (like some people I know *snort*). I used SU! Baroque Motifs for the barely banana image, Papertrey's Green Thumb for the smaller, Creamy caramel flower. The ribbon is from Basic Grey's Urban Couture Collection. I found the floral paper in the Far East collection from Die Cuts With a View. The brown paper bag paper is from Once Upon A Time from Die Cuts With a View. The Big brown brads are from Bazzill. The fabulous chipboard flower is from Maya Road, purchased online from eclectic paperie. I used my Xyron 250 to adhere the paper to the chipboard. I cut the legs off the back of the rhinestone brad because I couldn't get a hole cut in the middle of the chipboard to stick the brad through.

What a day!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Really lovely Loretta!!! :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This is such a lovely card! WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...