Tuesday, April 10, 2007




I got my Papertrey stamps last week. What a tragedy they sat for this long. I used this curly-que butterfly wing as magic coming from a Tinkerbella wand. This is for my 12 year old's craft party invitations which are 3" x 4"- I only had to make 3. I love painting with pearlex pigment. The "magic" coming from the wand looks pink, but turns purple as the invitation is moved - very cool! The invitation is beyond sparkly!
I used shimmer paper, so before anything was stamped it had shine. I got my Bellas a few weeks ago, but had nothing to make them stick to my acrylic mounting blocks until last week. First thing we did was make the invitations. She is stamped with stone grey stazon. I don't like risking dye ink smudging for the stamped image. We used SU! markers to colour the bella - green galore, pretty in pink and blush blossom (perfect caucasian skin colour!). Then we put icicle stickles on the centers of all the flowers. We stamped the sentiment and the "magic" from Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses and painted it with pearl ex. The backside of the invitation has the party info - we used SU!'s Eat Cake.


Today I got to use Butterfly Kisses some more. This card is 6" x 6". I like the soft effect chalk ink has on the solid butterfly image. It's so hard to photograph light irridescent pearl ex, but there is pearl ex on the dream tag and on the oval behind the butterflies. I think I am very much a crow because I really LOVE adding sparkle to as many cards and scrapbook pages as I can. Masculine cards look so sad to me, but I just can't bring my self to sparkle them up. I think I dirty them down with distress embossing powder instead. My husband thinks this is a very 3-D card and wonders how it will be sent... I have no idea, but it does look like the butterflies are ready to take off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...