Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Very Distressed



This ranks as one of my top favourite cards I've made. I just received my order from Basic Grey and cut into this gorgeous paper right away. My husband laughs when I tell him I'm making samples - it sounds so much better than "goin' for play time, sanity time." Sanity time is good, but samples implies work and then my kids give me the time I need.

This card was a labour of love. Each layer received treatments (makes it sound like a paper spa, doesn't it?!) unique to that layer. The base (bashful blue SU!) was stamped with French Script (SU!). I inked the stamp with Distress Ink Tea Dye then balled some plastic wrap and lightly dabbed walnut stain ink over the tea dye. Walnut Stain is so dark, that I really should have had a lighter hand with it. I sponged tea dye and a little walnut stain around the edges, then texturized the edge of the paper. I rubbed the paper edge directly on the walnut stain ink pad which gave the base paper a framed appearance. I ran the paper through my cuttlebug with the d'vine swirls embossing folder. Then I swiped my versamark over the paper. The versamark only went on the embossed swirls. I then "painted" the swirls with spring green pearl ex. - Whew!!! Done and she glows!

I cut a strip of the Urban Couture brown which was split- some under the Urban Couture blue swirl panel, and some the width of the page to contrast the main stamped image. A strip of the blue swirl paper was distressed around the edges, inked with walnut stain, and I popped a page pebble in the upper swirl.

I found some shell buttons at Walmart and IRL they are the right green - the photo colour is a bit bright. I punch the button holes with my spiffy Clikit Tool by Karen Foster - the Clikit vs. Crop-a-Dile will never be argued here. I have both and they are both wonderful tools with distinct applications. I used jewelry hemp to fasten the buttons on the panel.

I LOVE the B is For stamp from Stampers Anonymous! Each word brings a worship song to mind... This is the air I breathe... Be still and know... I believe... I stamped the image in Walnut Stain on Sage shadow (SU!). I distressed the edges, and sponged a little walnut stain around the edges - first time through this get too dark and I'm so glad that I can flip the paper and it's all new again! Then I stamped a starscape image with versamark over the B stamp and "painted" it with bronze pearl ex. The starbursts look amazing!

Still trying to decide if this gem is given or framed...

My Gallery

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...