Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Very Distressed



This ranks as one of my top favourite cards I've made. I just received my order from Basic Grey and cut into this gorgeous paper right away. My husband laughs when I tell him I'm making samples - it sounds so much better than "goin' for play time, sanity time." Sanity time is good, but samples implies work and then my kids give me the time I need.

This card was a labour of love. Each layer received treatments (makes it sound like a paper spa, doesn't it?!) unique to that layer. The base (bashful blue SU!) was stamped with French Script (SU!). I inked the stamp with Distress Ink Tea Dye then balled some plastic wrap and lightly dabbed walnut stain ink over the tea dye. Walnut Stain is so dark, that I really should have had a lighter hand with it. I sponged tea dye and a little walnut stain around the edges, then texturized the edge of the paper. I rubbed the paper edge directly on the walnut stain ink pad which gave the base paper a framed appearance. I ran the paper through my cuttlebug with the d'vine swirls embossing folder. Then I swiped my versamark over the paper. The versamark only went on the embossed swirls. I then "painted" the swirls with spring green pearl ex. - Whew!!! Done and she glows!

I cut a strip of the Urban Couture brown which was split- some under the Urban Couture blue swirl panel, and some the width of the page to contrast the main stamped image. A strip of the blue swirl paper was distressed around the edges, inked with walnut stain, and I popped a page pebble in the upper swirl.

I found some shell buttons at Walmart and IRL they are the right green - the photo colour is a bit bright. I punch the button holes with my spiffy Clikit Tool by Karen Foster - the Clikit vs. Crop-a-Dile will never be argued here. I have both and they are both wonderful tools with distinct applications. I used jewelry hemp to fasten the buttons on the panel.

I LOVE the B is For stamp from Stampers Anonymous! Each word brings a worship song to mind... This is the air I breathe... Be still and know... I believe... I stamped the image in Walnut Stain on Sage shadow (SU!). I distressed the edges, and sponged a little walnut stain around the edges - first time through this get too dark and I'm so glad that I can flip the paper and it's all new again! Then I stamped a starscape image with versamark over the B stamp and "painted" it with bronze pearl ex. The starbursts look amazing!

Still trying to decide if this gem is given or framed...

My Gallery

1 comment:

Quilt Nut said...

a very stunning card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...