Monday, July 20, 2015

Bridal Shower Card


This card is the result of a funny story. Last school year, I had the privilege of teaching High School Foods. Really, more fun than should be legal in a profession, but I digress. One of the teachers from our science walked by my classroom, and was drawn in by the divine smell of dijon baked chicken. Said teacher is one of my favourite teachers on staff, and she became a friend over the course of the last 2 years. She said if she could learn to make a few healthy dinners that smelled and tasted wonderful, maybe she had a hope of catching a man and getting married. I loaned her one of my favourite full meal-deal beginner cookbooks, Anyone Can Cook Dinner by Canada's foremost menu planner and radio personality, Sandi Richard.


It took 2 months for me to get my cookbook back. She loved it and found several recipes that were easy to prepare and that she thoroughly enjoyed. And she is engaged to be married next summer. I feel like I had a tiny-itty-bitty hand in her nuptial success. tiny. My friend is a beautiful and fun person, and he's one lucky man who gets dijon baked chicken as a side note.


I gave my friend that cookbook as a shower gift, so the card sentiment seemed particularly appropriate.

stamps; victorian frippery, victorian medallion 3 (waltzing mouse)
paper; blue emboss (anna griffin), ash, raven, flintstone, ivory cardstock (bazzill)
ink; versamark (tsukineko), antique linen, tea dye distress ink (ranger)
accessories; imperial square, diamondessence (spellbinders), superfine gold detail embossing powder (ranger)

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Such a fun story, Loretta, and an incredible card! It's gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...