Wednesday, June 8, 2016

One day...


This card is not my typical genre but I had the idea for it for ages. I love layering stamps in such a subtle way, but it doesn't show up as well as in real life. Creating this card was a wonderful adventure.


I randomly painted ink on watercolour paper; several layers worth. I dried the ink using heat between layers. The beauty of the technique is that distress ink reactivates with water. I laid a stencil (microbial by The Crafter's Workshop) over the dried ink and used a baby wipe to lift the exposed ink through the stencil. I have wanted to use this sentiment stamp for months, and I used a pigment ink so there was no chance of the ink smearing if I decided to remove more ink.


I love the new Seth Apter dies by spellbinders. I used both splatter proof and coffee rings dies sets to create this "sun".


I can't even remember all the different beads and stuff I used for these dangles. The hemp twine makes such a beautiful textural knot, and worked wonders with these gorgeous dangles. The pattern papers I've used are beyond old. Seriously, Basic Grey doesn't even sell papers anymore! However, if you are lucky enough to find it, these papers are from Hang 10. After I finished the watercolour panel, I dug through the stash and almost fell over when I saw how very perfectly these papers coordinated with it.

I'm really excited about some more experiments I have in the works. I hope you come back to see them!


stamps; ponderings, french marketplace (stampers anonymous), artist in you (unity stamps)
paper; hang 10 (basic grey), rootbeer, raven (bazzill)
ink; painted fence, rusty hinge, mustard seed, tea dye, forest moss, evergreen bough distress ink (ranger); onyx black versafine (tsukineko)
accessories; splatter proof, coffee rings dies (spellbinders); hemp twine, misc. beads (unknown); microbial stencil (crafter's companion)

1 comment:

Seth said...

I really love the sun you created with the die cuts Loretta.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...