Wednesday, September 7, 2011

HC Down By the Old Mill Stream...

For my Heartfelt Creations card this week, I decided to revisit a set released this past spring and give the image an autumnal feel.


I sponged the colour onto my image with nice, big sponges as I have done many times previously. It's a quick and easy technique that I really love for images like this one from Outside My Window.


 By using the sponges to apply colour, I feel that I get a softer, more vintage looking image.


I also wanted to give this lovely image a gilded frame. I stamped several images from Open Falling Leaves using versamark ink onto pattern paper and heat embossed them using African Gold embossing powder for a lot of gold shine! This is quick and easy to assemble by using the coordinating Falling Leaves dies. I am really loving the richness of this look!

I gently curved the larger leaves to give my gilded floral spray more depth and since I stamped the leaves on double sided pattern paper, even the curled portions have colour and look fabulous! The rolled blossoms I've made for the spray are from the same double sided paper collection.


In the upper corner of my card is one of my favourite flourishes ever! I used the largest flourish from Elegante Border and stamped it in the corner of my card using versamark ink and heat embossed it using pale gold embossing powder which is a perfect match with the pattern paper I used for the card base - DIVINE!!! I don't find that a perfect match happens often for me, so I'm quite content when my elements 'go' together but today is a day for the 'perfectly had to be'! *grin*

I would invite you to take a peek at the Heartfelt Creations blog for some stunning inspiration by the rest of the Heartfelt Creations design team! 

stamps; open falling leaves, outside my window, elegante border (heartfelt creations)
paper; ancestry (K&Co), maltball, lagoon, walnut creme (bazzill), kraft (american elements)
ink; espresso adirondack, antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo, peeled paint, barn door, rusty hinge, stormy sky, tumbled glass distress ink (ranger), versamark (tsukineko)
accessories; labels 18 nestabilities (spellbinders), pale gold embossing pearl, ancient gold african gold embossing powder (ranger), branch punch (martha stewart), brown satin ribbon (offray)

anything goes - vintage/shabby chic
cuddle buddly - vintage/distressed/flowers
creative card crew- anything goes
catch the bug - anything goes
ribbon carousel - anything goes
inspire me fridays - anything goes
craft your passion - anything goes with a twist (at least 1 flower) 
card mad fairy - flowers
craft your days away - make your own flowers
everybody art - autumn
flourishes timeless tuesday - use water
teapot tuesday - what would your glass house look like/ float your boat 
gingerloft - create a sky (I sponged mine)
sweet stampin'  - anything but a birthday
desert island crafts - pick 3+ (kraft paper, flowers, heat embossing, dimension, nature inspired)
by the cute and girly - bright and beautiful


35 comments:

craftieodmae said...

now this is absolutely breathtaking!!!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty. The fall colors are gorgeous and that image is just perfect. The embellishments are perfect. :o)

Monica said...

Such a beauty... love those flowers.

xxx Monica

Lisa Lynne said...

This is a gorgeous card - I love your details - you really create works of art.

Stamping Becky said...

So beautiful and serene! Amazing details! Wonderful work, Loretta.

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Loretta! What a gorgeous fall scene you've created! I love the image and leaves and all the amazing details!

Olena said...

WOW! This is awesome! Olena

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gobsmackingly stunning, I love this, thank you so much for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

scrap joanny said...

great szece card, I love this colors wow - thank you for playing with us in craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Fiona said...

wow this is beautiful, fabulous colours and image.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Glenda said...

You have inspired me! I've always shied away from these types of images and your technique has really made me stop and think. Maybe I can do this too!

Theresa said...

Wow is this ever stunning. Love the leaves and rolled flowers. Your bow is spectacular. Love the DPs. Simply stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.

marsha said...

This is absolutely gorgeous autumn vintage! I just love this image and your bow and colors are outstanding!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Love your added blossom/leave embellies!

Shari said...

Stunning!! Beautiful card and your color choices and embellishments are awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Cuddly Buddly.

Jenni said...

Gorgeous,love your rolled roses and the glittery frame. Thanks so much for joining in with the Cardmadfairy challenge this week.
Jenni x

Lynn said...

Wow! This is heaven sent! Simply stunning and love those clouds:)
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
Huggs
Lynn xxx

Conniecrafter said...

Your sponging of the image gives it such a neat look, and your spray is just Gorgeous, wonderful framing for it!

A Consuming Passion said...

This is so, so pretty Loretta! Beautiful colouring and I love your rolled roses!

Gitte said...

Beautiful autum-colored card

Min said...

WOW, this is AMAZING!! Those roses are just terrific - the entire card is!!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

StampingbugKerry said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! The rolled flowers, all that sparkle and the colors...OH DEELISH!!!

Kerry

Steph said...

Oh wow, how beautiful. You've used such gorgeous colours and I love all the glitter. Stunning. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week. Hope to see you again soon! x

Kathlene said...

Just an amazingly gorgeous card in every way, Loretta. Love the wreath frame and the soft subtle colors you've used on the beautiful image. Lovely lovely work. TFS xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is super fabulous!! I love the image and the glitter detail! Wonderful coloring too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the FTTC!

HappyCrafter said...

What an absolutely STUNNING card! I love the earthy feel of it and all the detail.

Debbie Carriere said...

Wow stunning!!! Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel!!

Emma H said...

Wow, I never would have guessed you just sponged the ink on - must go and try that now! Beautiful card - Thanks for playing along with Craft Your Passion!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes GF...this card is GORGEOUS! Love the beautiful image and all the sparkles! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week...hugs ~S~

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow, that's just stunning! Thank you for joining our challenge at Desert Islands Crafts! :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute card. Love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, this card looks stunning. I completely agree that everything has come together beautifully, it's an amazing creation. Thanks for joining us at the By The Cute And Girly challenge this month.

** Kate **

thinker said...

stunning creation! especially love your colouring! Thanks for joining the team at Gingerloft!

Betty Wright said...

Loretta, this is AMAZING! Stunning design and amazing detailing! Beautifully Beautifully done!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and flowers! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...