Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Colour Throwdown Challenge

CT Throwdown is celebrating their 100th post on TODAY!!!!  Woohoo!!  Without further ado, here's today's CT Throwdown challenge colour combination;


My DH saw my card for today's challenge and said, 'Wow!  That's a little bright for you, isn't it?'   Yes siree, it is!  So, grab your sunglasses and feast your eyes on this;



I took this picture in the full on sunshine...  Jeepers!  Remind me not to do that again, and just get myself a photography light tent already!!!  My picture turned out a tad washed out.  Turned my deep blood red card stock a tad orange.  *Blech!*

I used  Sending Some Love by Chicken Girl Designs.  In honour of this challenge, I coloured a little baja breeze bird of happiness {giggle}.  The mailbox has some glossy accents on it and IRL looks like a fancy schmancy spiffy new country mailbox.  Love it!  I coloured my image with copic markers and that's about it.  I used Happy Day designer paper from SEI which had all the colours from today's challenge and gave me a basis for choosing co-ordinating copics. 

Enjoy your day!!!

stamps; sending some love (chicken girl designs by IHP)
paper; happy day (SEI), celery, baja breeze (SU!), phoenix dotted swiss (bazzill), copic cardstock
accessories; big scallop rectangle, ribbon tag trio, rectangle nesties (spellbinders), celery, rose ribbon (SU!), white ribbon (offray), gothic arch border punch (martha stewart), rhinestones (heidi swapp), bow easy, copic markers

13 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

So stinkin' cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Aw, how cute and beautifully colored! You rocked the Throwdown colors! Thanks for helping us celebrate!

Kisa Peters said...

It's adorable!! Thanks for playing along today!

Carol L said...

Your card doesn't look washed out on my computer! I love the layout and cute image! Thanks for joining in the fun :)

dj said...

Absolutely tweet!!! Thanks for playing along with this 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way and increase you changes to win!!!

Stamping Becky said...

It's very bright and cheerful! That SEI dp is so pretty! Beautiful colouring of the bird mailing a letter. I also like the interesting ribbon placement with the sentiment.

Velta said...

Adorable image...love all the colors...it actually put a smile on my face...and I needed that...thanks for sharing your inspirations :)

Joseline said...

This is just adorable!! I love the image and your coloring is outstanding.

Unknown said...

This is very pretty!! Fantastic coloring job and detail, Loretta!
Thank you for playing along the CTD 100th with us!!

Lori said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the colors and your coloring!

Nina said...

Adorable, cute card!!

Laura Pryor said...

Absoulutely fabulous coloring! Great job, Loretta! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

FibreJunky said...

A friend of mine sent me this link the other day, as she knows I've been wanting a light tent. http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

It looks like it will work, and it sure is cheap to create. Would be worth a shot, at least until we both break down and buy those tents!

BTW, the card may be bright, but I think it's adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...