Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day


Happy World Card Making Day!!!! To celebrate the day, Kate at i {heart} papers is offering a code for you to use at check out when you make a purchase from her store; WCMD2011DT - 20% off everything in the store. No exceptions or exclusions!

I've made a card to celebrate and I hope you like it!


I've combined some new and old supplies in this project. I really love the new Authentique line of paper Kate is carrying and I've used some of the Journey Collection here which I combined with the Postcard Embossing Folder by Tim Holtz. I layered solid metallic silver ribbon over white satin pleats ribbon (both by may arts). The bow was made using my bow easy tool.


The layout for my card is from the deconstructed sketch challenge #20 and I thought it was perfect for the stamps I wanted to use. I'll admit I was kind of generous with the stamp sets, using Mon Ami Paris, Ordinary Days and Talking in Circles, all by Technique Tuesday. Memento ink with acrylic stamps like these because the coverage is wonderful. I've used Tuxedo Black and London Fog for this project. I love using I cut the image using both the large and small classic circles set, framing it with a small scallop circle. Kate just got Kaiser rhinestones in stock, and I used the ice blue ones to embellish my card.

I hope you can celebrate the day with me!!

stamps; mon ami paris, ordinary days, talking in circles (technique tuesday)
paper; journey (authentique), white canvas, flintstone (bazzill)
ink; london fog, tuxedo black memento (tsukineko), tumbled glass distress ink (ranger)
accessories; sm & lg classic circles, sm scallop circles, postcard emboss folder (tim holtz sizzix), solid silver metallic ribbon, white pleated ribbon (may arts), ice blue rhinestones (kaiser), double scallop border (ek success)


deconstructed sketch challenge #20
crazy 4 challenges - operation write home 
our creative corner - inspired by another country (I chose Greece on the sparkling Mediterranean with its recognizable flag)
SCS inspiration challenge #304 - http://www.2modern.com/
CCEE Challenge (CCEE1139) - postage/post card
CASE Study #59 (CSC59)
delightful challenges - pearls and swirls
paper pretties - sentiment as focal point
anything goes challenge - anything goes

8 comments:

Sandra said...

lovely! Love the colors, love the embossing, love the dimension!
Sandra ltb

sallysbitz said...

Loretta, this is one gorgeous card. Very elegant x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Stamping Becky said...

Lovely design! Beautiful textures and detail.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the silver and blue, great design and like the silver ribbon

Tui Nathan said...

Lovely card Loretta ... the embossed background adds such great texture and I love the blues... and silvers ...yep, I can soo see the sparkling mediterranean feel in your card!
Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love your colors and bling and the inspiration of the Mediterranean. Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a striking color combination, Loretta...your card is gorgeous! So clean, full of texture and down right pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

rosalien said...

This is so pretty. I love the embossingfolder. I guess this is a new one by Tim Holtz. I haven't seen it before.
Love the colours and papers too. Thanks so much for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...