Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Fall!

While it's been a mild fall, it has felt like some leaves starting turning colour early, and the rest have yet to catch up. As a result, fall around my neck of the woods seems to be dying a slow, painful death rather than going out in a blaze of glory!


I dug deep and pulled out a stamp that hasn't seen the light of day in far too long - Fall Time, one of the Stick Chicks line by Gourmet Rubber Stamps (formerly American Art Stamps). I'm thrilled these stamps are available again because they are a favourite of mine, and I don't have nearly enough of them {wink*grin}. The sentiment is from another neglected set of mine from Whipper Snapper Designs, Give Thanks.

I used papers from the Apples & Flax fall collection by Riddersholm Design. I really love that these papers are vintage coloured and a little grungy without being over the top unusual and beyond distressed looking before I've had a chance to mess with it! Connie even has some lovely rose images in her lines that I just love and will be using soon!!! There are really not many rose papers that I like since they all remind me of Rose china patterns which I find a bit garish and verging on repulsive. Not to name pattern names...


Since the image parts are narrow, I tend to gravitate to Prismacolor Pencils to colour with and then I fill in the back ground using copic markers. I love when the air is so crisp in fall that it virtually sparkles, so I added a few stickles once I coloured my background. 


I wanted to have a little more pizzazz to my simple brown bow, so I added a paper rose from a generic line by a big box craft store. It was fun taking a peek at a bunch of challenges this morning and then feeling that some of my time today was free enough to play around for a bit using images that I love and haven't used in awhile.

ground; E51/53/55/57/59, YR23/24, YG93/97
background; B0000/000/01

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and have an opportunity to indulge in something that makes you over the moon happy!!! Ta for now... 

stamps; fall time (gourmet rubber stamps - stick chicks), give thanks (whipper snapper designs)
paper; apples & flax (riddersholm design), kraft, walnut creme (bazzill), ridinghood red (su!)
ink; antique linen, tea dye distress inks (ranger), rich cocoa memento ink (tsukineko)
accessories; border and leaf punches (ek success), label punch, chocolate chip satin ribbon (su!), metal embellishments (7gypsies), mulberry flower (recollections), stardust, diamond stickles (ranger)

4 crafty chicks - colour challenge
creative stamp friends - autumn colours
CASE study - #61
deconstructed sketch challenge - DS23
pile it on - just because
meljen designs - use ribbon

12 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, your coloring is amazing..I luv the border, flower, and the tabs...hope you have a fabby weekend!

enjoy *~*

Simple Creations said...

Such a great card. I love how you put it together and all the colors.

Angela

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely, I like the sparkle in the crisp air. So glad you had some time for you today to work on something you wanted to just because :-)

Katja said...

I really love this card and the embellishments you've used.
Thanks for joining our Ribbon-challenge at Meljen's Design Team & Challenge Blog this week!

Greetings,Katja (Meljen's DT-member)

Aenneken said...

Hi,
what a beautiful card - I like the stamp you used and the embelishments... very nice.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends.
Lovely regards
Antje

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow! So pretty! I love the embellishments and colors!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Lori said...

Wow! Gorgeous card - thanks for entering it at 4 Crafty Chicks!

nwilliams6 said...

This is awesome. Your coloring is so great and I love the Stickles idea - the air does seem to sparkle. This is image totally makes me smile. I am impressed!!!

Aimes said...

Love that image and your colouring is fabby!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jennifer Shults said...

Oh this is beautiful. Your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Robin Parker said...

Thanks for sharing your creation on our Meljen's Design Challenge using a ribbon.

Tamie said...

What a fantastic and inspirational card. I just love the way you used the three punches and your coloring is fantastic. Oh and the paper you used is so yummy. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...