Thursday, April 28, 2011

BLD Colour Challenge

Here's the By Lori Designs Colour challenge for today - we invite you to play along and please do use code BLDC15 when you upload to your galleries and link it to the By Lori Designs challenge blog so we can leave you some luv!

It's my off week, so I get to use creative licence with my project *grin*.


I opted for a warmer palette so I could get a bit more of an early 1950's vintage feel. I love this warm plaid paper and let it guide what I did with the rest of the card.


I used the Henry and Landon by Mercy Special Edition image for this card. Those boys are so sweet! The wagon is coloured using the same technique and colours as the cherries in my blog post yesterday. I didn't mention that deep reds tend to bleed, but with a little practice it doesn't have to be an issue! I love using deeps reds and use them quite a bit so I have a fair bit of practice time under my belt. {wink}


Hair; E21, E25, E27, E29
Skin; E00, E01, E11, E13, R12
Wagon; R27, R29, R39, R89, W1, W3, W6, W8
Shoes; E25, E27, E29
Shirts; YG91, YG93, YG97
Pants; E21, E25, E27

stamps; henry and landon by mercy (by lori designs)
paper; tim coffey fall (k&co), nougat, amsterdam (bazzill), kraft (american elements), x-press it (copic)
ink; antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo distress ink, rust, red pepper, caramel adirondack alcohol ink (ranger)
accessories; lg & sm deckle rectangles, lg rectangle nestabilities (spellbinders), sentiment grommet (making memories), brads (unknown), red ribbon (unknown), brown/khaki ribbon (may arts)

splitcoaststampers SC330 - sketch challenge 
CASE challenge #37 - masculine version of Silke's card
ways to use it WT320 - boys with a wagon
stamp insanity - heavy metal 
stamp - n - doodle - masculine card

9 comments:

Buttons Ribbons and Pearls said...

Super cute card Loretta! Love the warm colours that you played with this week! :) Tracy

Aimes said...

Definitely getting that early 1950s vintage feel with this! Fabulous inking!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

(Nerdette) Stephanie said...

Wonderful job, that wagon looks terrific. You really did capture the vintage feel.

Lisa Lynne said...

Loretta, this is just great! Your coloring is awesome.

Stamping Becky said...

Wonderful work, Loretta! You really achieved that vintage feel with your colour palette. The memories button and earth tone brads go so well with the dp's.

skated said...

What a great card, thankyou for joining out challenge at Stamp'n'Doodle
Kate xxx
Stamp'n'Doodle DT

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card Loretta! The image is super sweet and as always your coloring rocks! Hugs ~S~

Conniecrafter said...

so cute I just love that image and these are such great papers to go with it!

Sue Kohler said...

Gorgeous Loretta! I love the warm colour palette and the image is so darn cute!
Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...